- LEI teaches the Language of law
- Our Legal English courses are designed for qualified lawyers with English skills at the high intermediate to advanced level.
- Non-lawyer professionals who want to improve their knowledge of Legal English can also benefit from LEI classes.
- Instruction emphasizes building and using vocabulary for legal purposes.
- Basic concepts of common law and international law are introduced, but LEI is not a law school and does not give legal advice.
- Instruction includes some grammar and language usage review when appropriate in the discretion of the instructor, but in general we do not teach basic general English outside the Companion Plan.
- Tailored curriculum — Whether you are improving your Legal English to be more effective in an international setting or to prepare yourself to enter a U.S. university’s LLM degree program, LEI can tailor a curriculum to meet your needs.
- Other subjects available — If you need a subject that does not appear in this list, please contact LEI to explain what you need, and we will make every effort to provide the appropriate instruction.
- U.S.A. and U.K.— LEI programs in the U.S.A. include some U.K. content but are taught primarily from a U.S. perspective. Courses can be tailored to include more U.K.-centered language.
Legal English International Director Irene Kiebert